If you’re someone who is nodding his/ her head viciously upon reading the title of this article, then take a deep breath as we have for you the perfect cure to this plaguing disease.
With an array of products such as Dog Ringworm Shampoo, Cat Ringworm Shampoo, Miconazole Shampoo for Humans amongst others, we’ll provide you with products that will do away with your issue with ease!
What is a Ringworm Infection?
Ringworm (Tinea or Dermatophytosis) is an infection of the skin which affects humans and animals likewise. The name this infection is given is quite a misnomer for it is caused by a fungus not a worm.
Although more popularly known for affecting the scalp, it is known to affect the skin of you groin, beard, feet amongst other areas of the body as well.
The symptoms of this are usually red skin patches along with some hairfall. This holds true in the case of both humans and animals for the most part. With humans, you’ll notice the gradual development of red scaly patches upon the scalp followed in quick succession by some hair fall.
With cats and dogs, on the other hand, you’ll notice red patches upon their body and then some subsequent hair fall. It is then that doctors recommend Ringworm Shampoo.
How to deal with Ringworm Infections?
Ringworm Shampoo for Dogs
- Dogs are some of the most common victims of this infection and although it might be quite tedious a task to bathe your stubborn dog every day, it is absolutely necessary to do so unless instructed otherwise.
- For the most part, when such an obscure situation does occur, the veterinarian or the local pet store you’re referring to will provide you with the medicated shampoo for ringworm.
- You will then have to consistently bathe your infected dog and the other animals present in the house for this infection is highly communicable.
- You will be provided with the necessary shampoo to fight against ringworm such as Miconazole Shampoo 0.2%, 0.5% Ketoconazole Shampoo or Chlorhexidine Shampoo.
- Typically you have to shampoo your dogs every day for the infection to slowly yet steadily subside.
Ringworm Shampoo for Cats
- The spores of ringworms are quite durable and they have the tendency of sticking and spreading hence it is absolutely necessary for the fur to be cut off your pets for a while, especially that of a feline.
- They have a tendency of licking their fur as well as other objects around the house— something quite perilous for others.
- Doctors usually recommend an approximation of antifungal shampoo for cats twice in a week or for a maximum of 6 days in the span of two weeks.
- The use of a lime sulfur solution is highly recommended by the doctors.
- Amongst the ingredients you are most likely to find in the shampoo, you are sure to find chlorhexidine and miconazole.
Ringworm Shampoo for Humans
- Humans too are one of the leading victims of this infection.
- There are quite a few ways to rid of this infection by using both shampoo and other antifungal medication.
- Your doctor is likely to provide you with a medicated shampoo for ringworm which will contain the spread of this infection and cure you of it in a short time.
- It is important for you to always be aware of what ingredients you might have in your shampoo. It is likely to contain within it ingredients such as selenium sulphide and ketoconazole.
- The usual recommendation by the doctor you’ll visit will be to apply the shampoo upon your head, keep it for five minutes before rinsing it. They’ll ask you to do this twice every week to see visible results.
- If necessary, the doctors might resort to medication other than shampoos. They may ask you to turn to oral medication which too will invariably help to cure the infection.
In conclusion, with the help of Ringworm Shampoo for dogs, and a variety of other Ringworm Shampoo for humans as well as cats, you will be able to rid yourself of the worm that has an annoying tendency of plaguing every being upon this planet!